Flemming Wins Parts for Trucks 200 at Speedworld
HALIFAX, NS (September 9, 2006) - John Flemming of Halifax won the Parts for Trucks 200 at Scotia Speedworld, near Halifax, NS on Saturday night. Flemming took the lead on lap 82 and held off a late charge from Mike MacKenzie of Dartmouth to win the event.
MacKenzie finished second, ahead of Wayne Smith Timberlea. Shawn Tucker of Fredericton, NB and George Koszkulics of New Glasgow, NS rounded out the top five.
Flemming’s win was his third of the season. Flemming remains the only multiple winner in the seasons ten events to date. Flemming unofficially extended his points lead and looks to win his third CARQUEST Tour Championship next week at the series season finale at Riverside Speedway (James River).
Tucker started on the pole but was passed quickly by Gordie Ryan, who held the held until being overtaken by Flemming on the 82nd circuit.
En route to his win, Flemming collected the Atlantic Tiltload Most Laps led award and the Fast Track RV Sales halfway award.
Smith took the Dartmouth Metals Pole Challenge, started 25 and finished third to earn the bonus points and extra money. Smith remains the only competitor to accept the pole challenge all season.
Motor Mart Heat Race wins went to Kent Vincent of Crapaud, PE and Flemming. Smith won the Motor Mart Dash for the Pole, featuring the top 10 finishers in Time Trials. Twenty-seven of the Maritime’s top drivers attempted to qualify for the PARTS FOR TRUCKS 200 on the 3/10 mile D-shaped track. MacKenzie of Dartmouth was the fastest qualifier, with an average speed of 74.437 miles per hour.
The Urquart MacDonald and Associates “B” Feature determined the final starting positions for the Main Feature. Stephen Brown of Williamswood won the event, over Dale Holmes of Charlottetown, PE and Bobby Nielsen of Vernon River, PE.
The final stop on the CARQUEST Pro Stock Tour for the 2006 season is on September 16 at the new Riverside Speedway, near Antigonish - where the 2006 CARQUEST Pro Stock Tour Champion will be decided in the Pioneer Coal 100.
The CARQUEST Pro Stock Tour is operated by the Maritime Pro Stock Tour Limited and features an 11 race series at five different venues throughout the Maritime Provinces. Top drivers from all three provinces compete, including previous champions Rollie MacDonald, Shawn Tucker, John Flemming and Wayne Smith. For more information, visit maritimeprostocktour.com or call our administration office Monday to Friday at (902) 481-2531.
RESULTS - PARTS FOR TRUCKS 200
SCOTIA SPEEDWORLD, HALIFAX, NS - SEPTEMBER 9, 2006
Pos - No. - Name - Sponsor - Hometown - Prov.
1. 97 John Flemming The Roofing Connection Halifax NS
2. O2 Mike MacKenzie Forbes Chev Olds Dartmouth NS
3. 44 Wayne Smith Trax Construction Halifax NS
4. 52 Shawn Tucker Rockico Truck and Trailer Fredericton NB
5. 6 George Koszkulics Wearwell Garment Company New Glasgow NS
6. 94 Russell Smith Signs by Chris Halifax NS
7. 66 Daryl Mahar Split Crow Beverage Room Halifax NS
8. 89 Donald Chisholm Pioneer Coal Antigonish NS
9. 67 Gordie Ryan Municipal Contracting Wellington NS
10. 72 Stacey Clements Mighty Auto Halifax NS
11. 71 Dan MacKay Wilson Titanium Halifax NS
12. 32 Chris Hughes North Shore Trucking Winsloe PEI
13. 8 Kent Vincent HP Glover Crapaud PEI
14. 19v Darren Vanderaa Walter Piccott Chev Olds Winsloe PEI
15. 37 Kris Fournier Taylor Flooring Charlottetown PEI
16. 11 Marty Prevost Mega Enterprises Limited Fall River NS
17. 76 Roger Crane Montague Tire Montague PEI
18. 26 Mike Stevens Lounsbury Truck Centre Moncton NB
19. 9 Stephen Brown Mr. Demolition Halifax NS
20. 39 Sandy Livingstone Springhill NS
21. 35 Brad Mann Subway Campbellton NB
22. 0 Shawn Turple Ledwidge Lumber Enfield NS
23. 21 Shawn Pierce Steve's Ironworks Blockhouse NS
24. 4 Dale Holmes Castle Building Supplies Charlottetown PEI
25. 51 Bob Neilson Island Air Vernon River PEI
26. 17 Dave Potter Howard Little Excavating Cambridge NS
27. 29 Greg Proude Challenger Farm Equipment Charlottetown PEI
|BACK TO ARCHIVES|