Smith Dominates to Win CARQUEST 100 at Centre for Speed
SHEDIAC, NB (August 26, 2006) - Wayne Smith of Halifax, NS won the CARQUEST 100 in spectacular fashion at the Centre for Speed Saturday night. The inaugural CARQUEST Pro Stock Tour champion started the race from the 25th position after qualifying in the top 10 and electing to take the MacDonald Pontiac Pole Challenge.
Smith took the lead well before the halfway mark, collecting the Atlantic Tiltload Most Laps led award, as well as the Fast Track RV Sales halfway award. Mike MacKenzie of Dartmouth, NS was second, ahead of points leader John Flemming of Halifax, NS.
Smith’s win was his first of the season. He becomes the eighth winner of the season in nine events.
Greg Proude and Dale Holmes, both of Charlottetown, PE took home heat wins. Gordie Ryan of Wellington, NS won the Motor Mart Dash for the Pole, featuring the top 10 finishers in Time Trials. Twenty-nine of the Maritime’s top drivers attempted to qualify for the CARQUEST 100 on the 3/8 mile track. Mike MacKenzie of Dartmouth, NS was the fastest qualifier, with and average speed of 83.512 miles per hour.
The final starting positions for the Main Feature were determined by the Urquart MacDonald and Associates “B” Feature. Mike Stevens of Moncton, NB won the event, over Bobby Neilsen of Vernon River, PE and Sandy Livingstone, Jr. of Springhill, NS.
RESULTS - CARQUEST PRO STOCK TOUR 100 - AUGUST 26, 2006
Pos - Car No. - Driver Name - Sponsor - Hometown - Prov. - Laps Completed
1. 44 Wayne Smith Trax Construction Halifax NS 100
2. O2 Mike MacKenzie Forbes Chev Olds Dartmouth NS 100
3. 97 John Flemming The Roofing Connection Halifax NS 100
4. 35 Brad Mann Subway Campbellton NB 100
5. 67 Gordie Ryan Municipal Contracting Wellington NS 100
6. 52 Shawn Tucker Rockico Truck and Trailer Fredericton NB 100
7. 71 Dan MacKay Wilson Titanium Halifax NS 100
8. 17 Dave Potter Howard Little Excavating Cambridge NS 100
9. 72 Stacey Clements Mighty Auto Halifax NS 100
10. 32 Chris Hughes North Shore Trucking Winsloe PEI 100
11. 0 Shawn Turple Ledwidge Lumber Enfield NS 100
12. 4 Dale Holmes Castle Building Supplies Charlottetown PEI 100
13. 29 Greg Proude Challenger Farm Equipment Charlottetown PEI 100
14. 19v Darren Vanderaa Walter Piccott Chev Olds Winsloe PEI 99
15. 66 Daryl Mahar Split Crow Beverage Room Halifax NS 99
16. 8 Kent Vincent HP Glover Crapaud PEI 99
17. 11 Marty Prevost Mega Enterprises Limited Fall River NS 99
18. 19 Tim Rodgers Norampac Moncton NB 98
19. 39 Sandy Livingstone Cumberland Paving Springhill NS 97
20. 37 Kris Fournier Taylor Flooring Charlottetown PEI 96
21. 26 Mike Stevens Lounsbury Truck Centre Moncton NB 91
22. 25 Mike Ryan Hilltop Log Shop Moncton NB 86
23. 21 Shawn Pierce Steve's Ironworks Blockhouse NS 72
24. 6 George Koszkulics Wearwell Garment Company New Glasgow NS 41
25. 2 Graham Spinney Harold Newell and Son Barrington Pass. NS 39
26. 76 Roger Crane Montague Tire Montague PEI 39
27. 94 Russell Smith Signs by Chris Halifax NS 32
28. 27 Greg Bursey Stevens Mechanical Moncton NB 5
The next stop on the CARQUEST Pro Stock Tour is September 9 at Scotia Speedworld near Halifax, NS.
|BACK TO ARCHIVES|